When Pardot's default fields don't capture the prospect data you need, you can create your own custom fields, and use them on your Pardot forms. Global configuration options are set in Admin. Form-specific settings are configured within each form. For example: you'd edit a custom field's global configuration options if you wanted to change field type from radio button to text area, to be used on every form. You'd edit the field on a form if you want to change any settings only for that specific form.
This article covers how to edit global configuration options for custom fields.
To edit your customs fields, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Admin > Configure Fields > Prospect Fields.
- Locate the field you'd like to edit and click the gear icon, then select Edit.
- Optional: edit Name. This is internal-only and not visible to prospects.
- Edit your Field Settings.
- When finished, click Save custom field to save.
Note: If you are approaching or have reached the Custom Field limit included in your account, delete unused Custom Fields. If you'd like to increase the Custom Field limit instead, please send an email to email@example.com to connect with your account team.Not what you're looking for? Check out these other articles:
Form Fields Overview Field Types
Prospect Field Settings Reference
Creating Custom Fields Editing Default Fields
Syncing Custom Field Values with a CRM