You can manually remove (opt-out/unsubscribe) a prospect from all list emails or automated emails (like drip marketing or automation-triggered emails) by clicking on a checkbox in their prospect record. This is useful when a prospect has requested via email or phone to be unsubscribed.
A few items to note:
- Users will still be able to send tracked emails to these prospects through the Engage for Gmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, Gmail or Thunderbird plug-ins.
- If you have a CRM connector enabled and the prospect is in the CRM, Pardot will automatically update this information to the CRM also.
- Manually opting out a prospect will opt out all prospects with the same email address.
- Go to that prospect's record.
- Click on Edit prospect below the prospect's name at the top of the page.
- Expand the Additional Fields section.
- Mark the box next to Opted Out (at the bottom of this section).
- Click Save prospect button.
- Prospect will now have green check next to the Do Not Email and Prospect Opted Out fields under Additional Fields on main prospect page.
Opting Prospects Back in to Emails
If a prospect mistakenly unsubscribed from emails and wants to be opted back in you can do this manually. Click here for instructions on manually opting-in a prospect who has unsubscribed or has been marked as do not email. Note that abuse of this feature (for example, opting prospects back in who legitimately unsubscribed) can lead to suspension of your account.