Folders are a top-down organizational feature that house campaigns, emails, and other marketing modules together. Folders let you segment and nest marketing elements in a way that makes sense for your team. Once Folders are turned on, all marketing content in your Pardot account must be placed in folders.
Here are a few articles that will help you get started with Folders:
Folder Content Types and Statistics Overview
Adding and Moving Contents in Folders
Setting Up Folder Permissions
Editing and Disabling Folder Permissions
Folder Structure Samples
Note: Scoring Categories are based on Folders. If you're planning to use this feature, we recommend looking over the Scoring Categories Overview before committing to a folder structure.
To help you use with folders, we've created the following templates to base your folder structures around. Please use these template as a starting point. Every account will have different organizational needs and different uses for folders in Pardot.
- Folder Structure by Marketing Initiative (PDF): A sample folders template that organizes a Pardot instance by marketing initiatives.
- Folder Structure by Fiscal Year (PDF): A Sample folders template that organizes a Pardot instance by Fiscal Year.
- You cannot rename or delete the Uncategorized folders.
- There is a limit of 10,000 files in a folder.
- There is a limit to subfolders: Folders may be nested up to 16 levels deep. For example, /Folder A/Folder B/Folder C/Folder D is 4 levels deep. The limit of subfolders per folder is also the item limit (10,000). So if you have 20 subfolders then you may only have 9980 other items in that folder.
- If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser, you will not be able to drag and drop content into folders. You can move content into folders using the button “Move Selected Objects to Folder”. This is available to all users in all browsers.
Video OverviewThis six minute video provides a quick overview of folders- perfect if you're a visual learner!
- February 25, 2014- Version 1.0: Initial Release