These instructions are for a Pardot and Salesforce Administrator.
Before You Begin
- Before you begin, make sure the Pardot AppExchange Package has been installed and the connector has been set up and verified.
- User email addresses must be unique — they cannot exist in another Pardot account or on a user record in the recycle bin.
Bulk Linking Salesforce and Pardot UsersThis method involves exporting a list of users from Salesforce and importing them in Pardot. This method can be used to create up to 50 users at a time. If you need to create more than 50 users at once, split your .csv file into multiple files with 50 users each.
Exporting Users from Salesforce
- In Salesforce, run a report for a list of all the Salesforce users who need access to Salesforce® Engage. The filters you use for this report will depend on your organization.
- The report should include the following columns: First Name, Last Name, Username, Email. Delete any additional columns to save work later.
- Export the report from Salesforce as a Comma delimited .csv.
- Open the .csv file in a spreadsheet program.
- Add a column named Role.
- Delete the footer text. It should start with the report name and contain copyright info.
- Add each User's Pardot role in the Role column. Note that the role name must exactly match the role name in Pardot. If you leave this value blank for a user, you'll be prompted to manually choose a role during user import. For more information on user roles, see this article.
- Save the file.
Importing Users into Pardot
- In Pardot, navigate to Admin > User Management > Users.
- Click Import Users.
- Click Choose File.
- Map the fields as follows:
Header Row First Row Field First Name First Name Last Name Last Name Username CRM Username Role Role
- Choose any value from the Expire password after 90 days dropdown. This field does not apply to Salesforce® Engage users because they do not use Pardot passwords.
- IMPORTANT: Mark Enable Salesforce single sign on.
- Select a Time Zone.
- Click Next.
- Confirm your selections, and click Confirm & Save.
Confirming Users Were Successfully LinkedTo confirm that user accounts were linked successfully, navigate to Admin > User Management > Users (while logged into Pardot as an admin user). Find a few of your new users and look for a Salesforce account listed in the Email/CRM field. If the accounts are successfully linked, it will look like the example in the red box:
If some users weren't successfully linked, follow the instructions here to link them.
Creating Single Users
- Navigate to Admin > User Management > Users.
- Click +Add User.
- Enter the user’s First Name and Last Name.
- Enter the user’s Email address.
- IMPORTANT: Unmark Send Activation Email. This will prevent your user from signing into Pardot directly at pi.pardot.com.
- Set the user’s Time Zone.
- Select the user's CRM Username from the dropdown.
- Choose the user’s Role.
- Change any Security Limits or Preferences.
- When finished, click Create user to save.