- In Salesforce, go to Setup > Customize > Contacts > Fields.
- Create new custom field
- In Step 1 select Data Type: Formula and click Next.
- In Step 2 select Field Label and Name and Formula Return Type and click Next.
- In Step 3 click the Advanced Formula tab.
- Click Insert Field.
- Navigate Contact > Account > [select field you want to be pulled in] and click Insert.
- Click Check Syntax to check for errors.
- For Picklist fields you will need to use the TEXT function. For example, the picklist field of Account.CRM_System__c would need to have the formula of TEXT(Account.CRM_System__c)
- Click Next.
- In Step 4, set your field-level security and click Next.
- In Step 5, unmark Add Field next to Contact Layout.
- When finished, click Save.
Copying Salesforce Account Fields to Contact Fields
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in the Trailblazer Community