Know Before You Merge
- If any of the merged prospects have been affected by an automation rule, the resulting prospect will be marked as having already been affected and cannot have that rule affect it again. This is a safety measure to prevent a rule from running on an individual too many times.
- The resulting prospect will inherit the drip program history of any of its merged prospects and will start at the farthest possible step (e.g. if merged prospect A is on step 3 of a drip and prospect B is on step 2, the resulting prospect will start at step 3). Again, this is a safety measure to prevent the resulting prospect from receiving a drip action that it already has passed through.
- The activities of the merged prospects will be aggregated and the resulting prospect will have its score calculated during the merge.
- If the prospect returns to your site and completes a Pardot form with the non-master email address that you already merged into another record, Pardot will create a new record for the prospect.
How to Merge Prospects
- Navigate to Prospects > Prospect List.
- Locate the prospects you want to merge, and multi-select them by marking the boxes next to Name. You can merge up to three prospects at a time.
- Select Merge from the dropdown.
- Click Go.
- Mark one of the prospects as the Master Record.
- Select any Fields, Custom Fields, Lists, and Tags the prospect should keep.
- Click Merge Prospects.
This video will walk you through the basics of merging prospects. Click here to expand the video.