Note: As a best practice, we highly recommend setting up your own bit.ly account and using the Pardot connector.
Pardot will automatically generate bitly short links for landing pages, multivariate tests, and files. You will also see a reporting icon, which will display bitly's statistics on the URL when clicked.
Navigate to Marketing > Landing Pages to display landing page short links.
To further customize this feature for your account, you can set up a bitly Connector.
If you have your own custom domain (via a bitly account), Pardot will automatically use that when shortening your URLs.
If you would like to regenerate any previously created bitly URLs so that they are specific to your new connector, you can simply click the regenerate link in the table next to your short URLs.
If you ever update your bitly account to contain a new naming structure, any existing bitly links in Pardot will remain, unless you regenerate them. Any new bitly links created in Pardot will take the new naming structure automatically.
- Navigate to Admin > Connectors.
- Click + Add Connector.
- Choose bitly for the connector type.
- Enter the Login for your bitly account.
- Enter the API Key for your bitly account, which is a unique hash obtained within your bitly settings.
- Click Create connector to save the bitly connector.
- Click the Verify link next to your bitly connector to ensure that a proper connection can be established.
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in our Success Community