OverviewIf you have created custom fields in NetSuite that you would like to see in Pardot, the next step is to map the custom fields. This will enable Pardot custom fields to sync back and forth.
Mapping Prospect Custom FieldsDefault fields will map automatically; you can edit them later if needed.
- In Pardot, hover over Admin.
- Hover over Configure Fields.
- Click on Prospect Fields.
- Click on + Add Custom Field.
- Enter a Name for the custom field. The name should correspond with a custom field in NetSuite.
- The Custom Field ID field will auto-populate with the name you entered above. Leave as is.
- Add any desired tags.
- Select a custom field from the NetSuite Field Name drop-down menu.
- The Type field and any relevant information will auto-populate.
- Click Create Custom Field.
- Repeat these steps to add all of the NetSuite custom fields that you want to sync with Pardot.
Which custom NetSuite fields won’t sync with Pardot?Currency
- It is not possible for Pardot to predict the format that NetSuite's currency values will be displayed in (symbol, name, short name etc.). Therefore, it is not possible to sync this type of field.
- If a Pardot date field is set up to sync with a Netsuite date field, Pardot will push the date over as the date at midnight in the timezone set in the Pardot account. This is because Netsuite's date field is actually a date+time field and won't accept just a date. This could also arise if there are sales users spread over multiple timezones.
For example, if there is a Pardot date field with 2012-04-25 and the account timezone is set to CET (central european time), it will get pushed to NetSuite as 2012-04-25 00:00 CET (which corresponds to 2012-04-24 18:00 eastern). This means that users in Europe would see the "correct" date in Netsuite, but users in USA would see it as a day earlier than the date set in Pardot.Document
- The document field type is used to reference documents stored within NetSuite. Pardot does not sync document objects and therefore does not sync with this field type.
- This is a field type that has no options to store value or have a normal display in NetSuite. Beacuse there is no value to store, Pardot will not sync with this field type.
- The image field type is used to reference images stored within NetSuite. Pardot does not sync with image objects and therefore does not sync with this field type.
- This is a field type that has no options to store value or have a normal display in NetSuite. Because there is no value to store, Pardot will not sync with this field type.
- A list/record field is a field that references another object. Pardot does not sync with arbitrary relational fields. Pardot will however sync values from custom lists.
- A multi-select field is a field that references another object and allows for multiple values. Pardot does not sync with arbitrary relational fields. Pardot will however sync values from custom lists.
- Pardot will sync with this field type, however, the value that pulls down to Pardot will be displayed in HTML code.