Pardot admins can adjust the duration of Pardot tracking cookies to anywhere between 180 and 3650 days. This article walks through how to configure your account's tracking cookie duration. See Pardot Cookies Overview and How does Pardot track activities? to learn more about Pardot cookies and how they work.
Before You Begin
Before you adjust cookie duration, you should know the following:
- The minimum cookie duration is 180 days (about 6 months).
- The maximum cookie duration is 3650 days (about 10 years).
- We recommend leaving the cookie duration at its max setting (3650 days), unless otherwise required by law in your country.
- Both visitor_id and pi_opt_in cookies are affected.
- If the cookie duration is changed, when visitors and prospects visit a page with your Pardot tracking code (including pages with Pardot forms), their existing cookies will be updated to the new duration.
How to Change Cookie Duration
- Hover over the gear icon () in the top right > Settings > Edit.
- Scroll down to Max Tracking Cookie Duration (days) and enter the number of days your cookies should persist. The minimum is 180 days, and the maximum is 3650 days.
- When finished, click Save Account.