The Product and Service Notifications table in your account settings lets you choose points of contact to send different product and service notifications. Admins can view your account's current points of contact by hovering over the gear icon (), then clicking Settings.
Pardot sends several different types of product and service notifications. Depending on your organization's structure, you may want to designate a different point of contact for each notification. This table describes each notification type:
|Renewal Notices, Usage Limits, Database Size||Which user should Pardot contact regarding contract renewal and capacity limits for the current subscription?|
|Email Compliance||Which user should Pardot contact if there is an issue with email reputation, such as high bounce rates or spam complaints?|
|Critical Incidents||Which user should Pardot contact if there is an incident specific to your account that requires user action?|
|Product Updates Requiring User Action||Which user should Pardot contact when we release product updates and new features that may require user action?|
|Salesforce Engage||Which user should Pardot contact if there is a Salesforce Engage-specific incident or update that requires user action?|
Editing Notification RecipientsTo edit points of contact:
- While logged in as an admin, hover over the gear icon () , then click Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll to the Product and Service Notifications section.
- Select a user from each drop down in the section.
- Click Save account.
- Any Pardot admin can update points of contact.
- Points of contact must be users in the account. Agency users cannot be listed as a point of contact.
- Any Pardot user type can be designated as a point of contact.
- For accounts provisioned before December 7, 2015, all points of contact default to the Pardot admin with the most logins in the past 6 months.
- For accounts provisioned on or after December 7, 2015, all points of contact default to the first user created in the account.
- A point of contact cannot be empty. Users who are listed as a point of contact cannot be deleted. You'll need to reassign the point of contact before deleting the user.
- A user created in Salesforce and synced to Pardot cannot be listed as a point of contact. Points of contact must be users created in Pardot.
- Notifications can only have one user listed as a point of contact. If you want to send notifications type to several recipients, create an email distribution list, and then create a Pardot user with the distribution list email address.