This article covers strategies to clean and consolidate unused assets and inactive prospects within your Pardot account.
When it's time to grow, your Account Executive can help you upgrade your account. Learn more about our available editions.
- Create Drip Program(s) for Reengagement. Delete prospects who don’t engage by end of drip.
- Perform a Permission Pass and delete prospects who do not click through.
- Delete prospects that were not active in past 30-90 days, or past 6 months.
- See Database Limits and Overages FAQ for more options.
- Delete rules related to past events. Deleting a rule will not undo its past actions.
- Look for paused rules or rules that have never matched a prospect. Consider deleting these.
- Can you use Salesforce functionality to replace any of your automation rule results? Check with your Salesforce Administrator to see if SF apex triggers or workflows rules are an available option.
- Would another Pardot automation feature be more effective, like completion actions, segmentation rule, or dynamic lists?
- Delete landing pages related to past events or outdated content.
- Delete landing pages no longer in use.
- Consider deleting landing pages that are redundant with your native web pages. For example, delete landing pages created only to embed a form, and embed the form directly into your native webpage instead.
- Delete forms related to past events or outdated content.
- Consolidate similar forms and use across different assets, like one contact form that could be used on multiple landing pages.
- Delete form handlers related to past events or outdated content.
- Delete test drip programs.
- Delete outdated drip programs.
- Consolidate drips by adding multiple branches on one drip.
# Files / File Storage
- Delete old logos, white papers, event promo material, and other irrelevant
or outdated content. Important Note: Unlike most
assets created in Pardot, you cannot undelete
Advanced Dynamic Content, or
are permanently deleted, not archived in the recycle bin.
See Deleting Content Files for complete instructions.
- Use wildcard page actions where applicable, triggering action when any page in a collection of similar pages is viewed.
- Delete page actions from outdated pages.
- Review page actions to ensure their actions are still relevant and valuable, and delete any that are not.
SEO Keyword Monitoring
- Replace least popular keywords (Keywords Overview)
- Assess whether you still need to monitor all the competitors you originally selected. If not, delete irrelevant competitors.
- Assess whether you are still using all existing Scoring Categories, and delete any outdated Categories.