Public Lists are lists that are available for use on your email preference pages.
To make a list public when you're creating the list, just mark Public list: Display this list in the email preference center. To make an existing list public, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Marketing > Segmentation > select a list
- Click Edit list.
- Click Basic Info and mark Public list: Display this list in the email preference center.
- Enter a Label. This is is customer-facing, and will be name customers see for the list.
- Optional: Enter a Description. You can use this to clarify what your subscribers will receive (for example: Weekly Newsletter, Monthly Roundup, and so on).
- Optional: Select which email preference pages the list should appear on. You can also add lists to these pages as you are creating them.
- Click Update List. If you're editing a dynamic list, click Set Rules and make any other necessary changes.
- All public lists show up on your account's default email preference page. If you do not want all public lists to be visible to subscribers, create and use custom email preference center pages.
- You may have as many public lists as you'd like and can use the default and custom email preference pages to allow list-specific signups or unsubscribes.
- Public lists will be placed in alphabetical order on the email preference center based on their Name values. You can control the order of your lists by editing them and modifying the Name value. For example, you can add numerical values before each name to designate the order in which they should appear (i.e. 1. Monthly Newsletter, 2. Product Updates, etc).
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in the Trailblazer Community