Pardot's various marketing elements can be associated with a campaign. Pardot campaigns can be used for reporting. Pardot campaigns are typically thematic touchpoints (similar to "source" in other system). They track the first touch that a prospect has with your online marketing materials.
This article walks through creating new campaigns and finding your tracking code.
Creating a New Campaign
To create a new campaign:
This video walks through the basics of creating a campaign.
- Navigate to Marketing > Campaigns.
- Click + Add Campaign.
- Choose an internal Name for the campaign.
- Add Tags to help organize campaigns.
- Set a Cost (e.g. cost for a trade show or ad sponsorship) for the campaign with which you can track ROI.
- Enter values for Archive Date to filter reports and only show "Current" or "Archived" campaigns.
- A campaign is considered active if the "Archive Date" has not passed.
- Click Create campaign to save the new campaign.
Finding Your Campaigns Tracking Code
The new campaign has its own unique tracking code, which you can use to track pages on a microsite (e.g., to separate visitors from your primary website).
To access the tracking code:
- Click on the name of the campaign.
- Click View tracking code.
- For more information, view this article on Pardot tracking code.
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in the Trailblazer Community