Importing opportunities allows you to import a .csv file of new opportunities or perform a mass update of existing opportunities in Pardot.
Accounts with a SugarCRM or Salesforce connector cannot import opportunities, but can sync them from the CRM. See Opportunity Syncing with Salesforce and SugarCRM for more information.
InstructionsNavigate to Administration > Import > Opportunities. Step One: Choose File
- Select a .csv file from your computer using the Browse button.
- To convert an .xls file to a .csv, you can Save As and then select .csv as the file type.
- Make sure that the file is saved using the UTF-8 character encoding to preserve special characters in your opportunity names, prospect email address, etc.
- The .csv file needs to be column-separated.
- Click Next to upload the file to Pardot.
- Pardot will automatically suggest mappings for your columns based on the column headings in your file. For instance, for a file with a heading called “Opportunity name”, the Pardot import wizard will automatically match this header with the respective field without the user having to manually select it from the dropdown.
- Map any fields you would like to write data to.
- At the minimum, you must map the opportunity Name, Amount, Probability, Closed, Won, Email, and an External or Internal Identifier.
- Any fields you map will overwrite the prospects’ existing field values.
- If you wish, you can provide back-dated Creation and Close dates on import.
- Select a campaign for the opportunities you are importing.
- Decide whether to only apply the campaign to new opportunities. There are two options: Do not change the campaign for existing opportunities (recommended), or override the campaign for all opportunities being imported (Set this campaign for all opportunities).
- Click Next.
- Confirm your import. Use the top navigation to move backward through the steps if you need to make changes.
- Click Confirm & Save to complete the import process.
- To associate multiple prospects with an opportunity, include multiple lines with the same opportunity information (including the same unique identifier) and different email addresses.
- If an email address is not associated with an existing prospect, a new prospect will be created.
- Large imports will run in the background and you will receive an email notification when your import is complete. The email will detail the number of opportunities successfully imported as well as how many of those opportunities previously existed in your Pardot account.
- Pardot will accept any of the following Boolean values through the import: 1/0, yes/no, and true/false.
- The unique identifier may be either an External Identifier or an internal Pardot Identifier, but you may not map to both in the same import. Both identifier fields are included when exporting opportunities.
- An email address is not required to update existing opportunities, but an email address must be present in order to create a new opportunity.
- When a new opportunity is imported with the ‘Do not change the campaign for existing opportunities’ radio button selected, the opportunity campaign will be set to match the first touch point campaign of the corresponding prospect.