Email templates allow you to create text and HTML email designs and store them for future use. These can be used to send ad-hoc emails to prospects and lists or used in drip campaigns, Engagement Program emails, or as form auto-responders.
Email Template Flow is non-linear, so you can switch between steps without having to go through each step before sending. Email Flow makes creating new email templates a breeze, and also gives you multiple ways to save your work.
Creating a New Template
- Navigate to Marketing > Emails > New Email Template. This opens Basic Template Information.
- Enter a Name for this template. This is internal-only.
- Optional: add Tags.
- Select a Folder.
- Select a Campaign for your template. This campaign will tag the template: it is not a filter for the recipients.
- Select the Email Type. Choose from the following:
Email Types HTML and Text HTML email with text alternative Text Only Simple text email with no HTML formatting
- From Available for, mark the emails you want to make this template available for. Choose from: One to one emails, List emails, Autoresponder emails, and Drip and Engagement Program Emails.
- Optional: mark Start from a layout if you'd like to start from one of Pardot's stock templates.
- Click Save to move on to the next step.
- If you marked Start from a layout, choose a layout and click Apply to move on to the next step.
These articles can help you navigate these steps if you're not familiar with them:
Email Flow Builder Overview
Testing with Email Flow
Sending with Email Flow
This video shows you how to get started and move through the Building, Testing, and Sending tabs easily: