Two reports -- Engagement Reporting and Email Client Reporting -- offer insight into how your recipients read your emails and what devices or browsers they use to view them. Advanced Email Analytics is included for Pro and Ultimate Edition accounts or available as an add-on for Standard Edition accounts. Check with our advocate team or your implementation coordinator for more information or if you would like to add it to your account.
InstructionsTo start a new test for spam analysis, subject line or email rending previews:
- Edit or create a new email template or start a new list email.
- Next, navigate to the Testing step.
- Depending on where you want to send the test email, complete either Send to Test Lists or Send To Emails.
Email Rendering PreviewView screenshots of your email creative as it looks across major email clients, browsers, and mobile devices. You can realistically scroll through your email on a simulated mobile device. This video shows you how easy it is to choose and scroll through a simulation:
Subject Line Preview
View screenshots of your subject line preview as it looks in most major email clients. Preview subject lines in Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Gmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo.
Spam AnalysisPardot tests your emails content against most major desk top and server-side spam filters, including:
|GMX||Sender Policy Framework|
ReportingThree reports: Click-Through Rate, Interaction, and Email Client, are available as part of Advanced Email Analytics in order to give you further insight into email performance. To access these reports, navigate to Reports > Emails > Your Desired List Email. These reports are not retroactive and are only available for the HTML version of multi-part emails (not text only). Please note that we only report on this data in aggregate so you cannot see which of your opening prospects glanced vs. read at this time, only what percentage of each types of engagement there were.
Click-Through Rate ReportThis report displays link performance visually. A rendering of your email will be overlaid with clickthrough rates next to your various links. The call-out colors get warmer (blue, orange, red, and so on) depending on how high the click through rate is (relative to the other links in the email). This makes determining link performance much easier than simply looking at a chart/table.
Engagement & Activity ReportingThis report shows you data on how your recipients engage with your email. The data is collected in aggregate and available to you in percentages based off of total email opens for easy comparison purposes.
|Glanced or Unread Percentage||Open fewer than 2 seconds|
|Skimmed Percentage||Open between 2 and 10 seconds|
|Read Percentage||Open for 10 seconds or longer|
|Forward Count||Used the forward button in the email client rather than using a "forward to a friend" link (forwarding to more than one recipient at a time only counts as 1 forward)|
|Print Count||Printed a hard copy of your email|
Note: Due to technical restrictions, we currently cannot track Prints or Forwards in Outlook 2007 and higher, Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail, Outlook.com, or Gmail mail clients.
Email Client ReportingThis report allows you to capture and track email client usage for emails opened across your mailing lists in Pardot. Any email client not on this list of 120+ email clients will be marked as "Other". This client list could change in the future and Pardot’s code will update automatically to reflect the most up to date information and email client list.
How To Use the Email Client Report
- Knowing what devices or email clients your prospects use to read your emails can clue you in to where to spend your design time. If you know that almost none of your prospects use a certain client, you know not to focus your efforts there.
- Likewise, if you see that a significant portion of your recipients open their emails on a mobile device, make sure to have a simple template, use responsive design, or include a link to a mobile version of your content.
Learn More or UpgradeHave a few questions or want to upgrade to the Advanced Email Analytics Package? Just contact our advocate team or fill out our contact form to reach us.
Release HistoryNote: The release history of the Advanced Email Analytics package below was compiled retroactively and may not be complete.
- October 21, 2014 - Added iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to Email Rendering Preview.
- August 15, 2014- Updated email testing to reflect new email flow. Details.
- November 6, 2013- Added Outlook.com and Outlook 2013 and removed Hotmail and Blackberry from the Email Subject Line Tests.
- October 21, 2013 - Added Outlook.com in Internet Explorer and Firefox and removed Outlook 2000, Outlook 2002, and Blackberry from Email Rendering Preview.
- February 27, 2013 - Added Engagement and Email Tool Reporting to the advanced email package that shows engagement and also the devices and email clients used by your recipients. The new reports are available on two new tabs inside of the list email report. Details.
- October 28, 2011 - Email subject line and inbox notification previews in several major email clients added. Allowed user to see how the email subject line and from name would look prior to being opened by the recipient. Details.
- July 13, 2010 - Email preview for mobile devices released for Advanced Email Analytics users. The rendering preview was updated to include the following mobile device previews: iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows Mobile 6.5. Details.
- June 7, 2010 - Advanced Email Analytics package First introduced as the Gold Email Package. Allowed user to see how their email looked in major email clients and browsers, along with previews of email formatting in the top email clients and browsers and the ability to see how emails look with images turned off or while in the recipient’s “preview” mode. Test your email against major spam filters and junk folders. Details.