Twitter's Lead Generation Cards allow Twitter users to subscribe to your offers or join your mailing lists right from within Twitter. We expect conversion rates to be very high as prospects will not need to fill out a form to convert. All of that data (Twitter handle, name, and email address) is transmitted to Pardot behind the scenes.
Prep work: create a field to hold Twitter handles
- Create a Custom Field called "Twitter Handle." The field ID (the name Pardot uses in its database) should be twitter_handle.
Prep work: create a form handler to which Twitter can post the data
- Create a new Form Handler.
- Enter your home page (choose specific URL) for the success location.
- Enter your home page (choose specific URL) for the error location.
- Set the form handler to "kiosk" mode (this setting is necessary because of the way Twitter sends us the data).
- Enter any appropriate completion actions (notify users, change scores, and so on).
- Map the external field name "email" to the Pardot email address field. Note: Field names are case-sensitive.
- Map the external field name "twitter_handle" to the custom Twitter Handle field that you created in the step above. Note: Field names are case-sensitive.
- Once you've saved the form handler, find the https URL (look at the post URL and click the https toggle.) You will use this in the following step.
Twitter Card Technical settings: URL mapping
- For Card Details (Fallback) URL, use a landing page related to your promotion. This is used when people access the lead generation card from a non-supported platform (like TweetDeck).
- Add your Form Handler Endpoint URL (https) to the 'Submit URL' field
- Set the HTTP method to 'POST'.
Twitter Card Technical settings: field mapping
Note: Field names are case-sensitive.
- Map the email field to custom key name "email".
- Map "Screen name" to the custom key name "twitter_handle".
- Add any hidden fields you would like to pass in as well such as "source", which you could prefill with "twitter," as in the below example.
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in our Success Community