Installing AddThis buttons on your Pardot landing page is as simple as dropping a bit of HTML code into your landing page's layout template.
- Go to AddThis.com and either log in or register for a new account.
- Once you're signed in, click the Get Code tab to get your unique code for your landing page's <head> tags.
- Once your code is embedded, you'll need to get get the sharing buttons code. Click the Tools tab, and then click Get Code on the tool you want to use.
- Copy the code in the Step 2 box. This will be placed where you want the buttons to show up on your landing page.
If you would like to designate a specific title for the page when users share it, you can do so by adding a bit of code to the toolbox <div>:
- Find the layout template for your landing page, decide in which <div> you'd like the AddThis buttons to appear. Paste the HTML code for the AddThis buttons into your landing page's HTML content. Be sure to also include the AddThis script before the </head> tag at the top:
- Apply your layout template to a landing page to enable AddThis functionality:
addthis:title="Your Title Goes Here"
For example, the default opening <div> for the AddThis code...
<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style">
…would be changed to:
<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style" addthis:title="Your Title Goes Here">
- If you use a <base> tag in your layout template to help structure your URLs, we recommend not using AddThis.
- Be aware that the use of a <link> tag with its ref attribute set to "canonical" in your layout template will cause AddThis statistics will be tallied up for the canonical link, not the true link of the landing page.
- If you choose to embed the AddThis code into the Above or Below Form Content in the form wizard or the Opening General Content in the landing page wizard, the WYSIWYG editor will strip empty <a> tags from the code and break the links. To prevent this, view the HTML of your content and enter a non-breaking space ( ) after each <a> tag and before each </a> tag.
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in the Trailblazer Community