Note: As of February 1, 2014 this feature is included in Pro and Ultimate editions and is available as an add-on for Standard edition.
Creating a New Multivariate Test
- Navigate to Marketing > Landing Pages > Multivariate Tests.
- Click Create multivariate test to save.
- Enter the percentage of time that each landing page will be used in the test. Enter a percentage in Weighted At. NOTE – The total of the Weighted At percentages must equal 100%
- Select the Landing Pages you want to test.
- Select a Campaign.
- Enter a Name.
- Click +Add Multivariate Test.
Using a Multivariate TestUse the link generated by Pardot and displayed in the Multivariate Test table as the link to your landing page. Clicking this link will display one of the specified landing pages for the prospect. The different landing pages will appear based on the ratio of time selected for each.
Testing your Multivariate TestWhen testing your multivariate test you will want to use multiple browsers or ensure you clear your cookies after each test page view. Once cookied, you will continue to be driven to the same landing page version within the multivariate test. This is done for consistency from a user's perspective. While cookied, if the same person keeps coming back to the page they will only see one version of the multivariate test rather than seeing a new version each time.
Reporting on Multivariate TestsClicking on the name of a particular Multivariate Test in the table will display more details for that test including the link, short URL, landing pages used, and number of views for each.
Under Reports > Landing Pages you can view the Multivariate Test Statistics including Views, Conversions, Conversion Rate and the Top performing landing page.