Pardot provides different ways to apply actions to prospects. Some of these actions will differ based on the kind of object you create (automation rule, segmentation rule, and so on).You can streamline your objects in Pardot and make sure everything is running smoothly and efficiently by taking advantage of prospect actions.
Automation Rules, Segmentation Rules, Completion Actions, Drip Programs and Prospect Table Completion Actions
- Automation - Automation rules allow you to perform certain ongoing marketing and sales actions based on criteria that you specify. For more information, please visit our article on Automation Rules.
- Segmentation - Segmentation rules allow you to pull a one-time list of prospects based on specific criteria. Unlike automation rules, segmentation rules do not run continuously. For more information, please visit our article on Segmentation Rules.
- Completion actions - Completions actions are triggered upon successful form submission, form handlers, file downloads, and custom redirect clicks, and page actions, and emails. This may include an autoresponder to the prospect, notifying a specific user on your team, changing a field value or adjusting a prospect’s score. Please visit our article on Completion Actions for more information.
- Drip Programs and Engagement Programs - Drip programs and Engagement Programs allow you to create email marketing programs, which funnel recepients down paths that depend on their actions.
- Tables - Any prospect table that has checkboxes to select prospect records will also have certain actions available to affect prospects. These are located in a dropdown menu on the bottom-left of the prospect table.
- *Dynamic Lists - Dynamic lists allow you to choose criteria (similar to automation rules) to build lists. These lists continually check prospect records to see if prospects match the criteria. A prospect will be automatically removed from the list if they no longer match the criteria. Dynamic lists are not a way to take action on a prospect other than adding that prospect to a list based on criteria.
|Action||Automation||Segmentation||Completion Actions||Drip Programs||Engagement Programs||Tables|
|Add [prospect] to list|
|Allow Deleted CRM Lead or Contact to Recreate from Pardot|
|Apply tags / Add tags|
|Assign prospect to user|
|Assign prospect to group|
|Change field value|
|Change profile criteria|
|Set prospect's first touch campaign:|
|Change prospect field value|
|Change prospect profile|
|Change prospect score|
|Clear prospect field value*|
|Increment prospect field value (for use with number fields)|
|Mark as reviewed|
|Notify assigned user||Set from the Notify User action.|
|Register [propsect] for webinar|
|Remove [prospect] from list|
|Send autoresponder email|
|Send prospect email|
Salesforce ActionsIf you have enabled our Salesforce connector, you will have some additional actions available.
|Add to Salesforce campaign|
|Assign prospect to queue|
|Assign prospect via Salesforce active assignment rule|
|Create a Salesforce task|
You can add prospects to lists or change profile when they select a pre-defined value (for checkboxes, radio buttons, drop downs, and multi-selects):
- When creating a custom field with pre-defined values, click the chart icon (“Change profile”) to the right of the text field.
- Select the profile from the dropdown.
- If they select that value while completing that field, their profile by which they are graded will change upon form submission.
- When creating a custom field with pre-defined values, click the bulleted list icon (“Add to List”) to the right of the text field.
- Select the list from the dropdown.
- If they select that value while completing that field, they will automatically be added to that list upon form submission.