Sometimes when reviewing prospects, you will encounter obviously bogus prospects - asdf, Mickey Mouse, etc. Follow these best practices for clearing out junk prospects.
Take a Two-Part Approach
- Don't delete the prospect -- even when deleted, the prospect will continue to be tracked in the Recycle Bin.
- Mark the prospect as reviewed using the Mark as Reviewed link. This will remove the prospect from your New Prospects queue but allow them to stay in the system in case they become more serious later.
Tips and Tricks
- If the email address provided is invalid, try checking the Visitor Session they began with to see if Pardot was able to identify the company.
- If the email address provided is valid, try checking Data.com or LinkedIn to find the prospect's name and manually correct the entry in Pardot.
- To prevent people from providing invalid email addresses, make it clear that the information they are requesting will be emailed to them, rather than redirecting them to a success page. If they genuinely want to receive the information, they'll have to provide their real email address.
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in the Trailblazer Community