Performing ExportsBy default, the system will perform an Express Export. An Express Export includes all default prospect fields, scores and grades but does not include custom fields.
This export will run much quicker than a full export that includes custom fields. Full Exports include all default prospect fields, scores, grades, and custom fields. In most cases, we recommend that you don't run a full export unless it's necessary to analyze or access custom field data.
To export your prospect data:
- Navigate to Prospects > Prospect List.
- Change the View to All Prospects.
- Click Tools and select CSV Export from the dropdown.
- Enter an Export Name.
- If you need to perform a full export, mark Full Export. By default, Express Export is selected.
- Click Export.
- Changing the Date Range or View on the table changes the data that will be exported.
- At this point, we are unable to export a prospect's full activity history. However, if this is information you are looking for, you can query the API in order to retrieve it.
Troubleshooting ExportsWhen opening your exported .csv file in Microsoft Excel you may find that all field values are displayed in the first column instead of a coherent table. This is because the required field delimiter for .csv files is a comma. American versions of Windows have the delimiter set to a comma by default, but in European versions of Windows the list separator is set to a semicolon.
To ensure the data is being displayed correctly in your spreadsheet you can either use Google Sheets or change the delimiter to a comma in Excel -- the method to achieve this is different depending on the version and operating system you are using. You can find various steps for changing your delimiter here.
Not what you're looking for? Check out these other articles:
Exporting Unmailable Prospects
Prospect Table Actions