Dynamic lists are rule-based lists of prospects that automatically update as prospect data changes. You can't add or remove prospects manually -- instead, you set up list rules and Pardot automatically adds matching prospects and deletes them when they no longer match. This article will walk you through creating a dynamic list.
To create a new dynamic list:
- Navigate to Marketing > Segmentation > Lists.
- Click +Add List.
- Mark Dynamic List.
- Click Set Rules.
- Select the Match Type:
- Match All – All aspects of the rule must be satisfied in order to take the action(s).
- Match Any – Only one aspect of the rule must be satisfied in order to take the action(s).
- Click the plus or trashcan icons to add or remove rules. You can also add multiple criteria on a single line by separating each value with a semicolon, which uses OR logic ("Match Any") when selecting a positive operator ("contains" or "is"). If you select a negative operator ("doesn't contain" or "isn't"), then it uses AND logic ("Match All"). Notes:
- The text field is limited to 255 characters, so you may have to split up large rules into several lines.
- If you want the rule to match values that include a semicolon, add quotes around the value (i.e. ”this has a ; semicolon in it”).
- For forms, form handlers, landing pages, files and custom redirects, you can select the “- ANY -” criteria option to match any item, rather than listing out each item separately.
- If you are using the "Prospect account field" rule, prospects must have an account in order to match, even if the rule uses the "doesn't contain", "isn't", or "is empty" options.
- Click Preview, then Preview Matches to see which prospects match the rules. You can share the preview with other Pardot users by sending them the link.
- Click the Building tab to make changes to your list.
- When finished, click Run Rules to run the rules and save the list.
Not what you're looking for? Check out these other articles:
Dynamic Lists Overview