Installing the AppExchange application will add Pardot fields and Visualforce pages for you, but will not display them by default. To have the Pardot fields and Visualforce pages display in Salesforce, you will need to edit some of your Salesforce page layouts.
Add Sections to your Lead and Contact Page Layouts
Edit your Leads and Contacts Page Layouts to contain a new Section for Pardot fields:
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Customize > Leads or Contacts > Page Layouts.
- Click Edit Page Layouts.
- A drag-and-drop box containing all of your field options will appear at the top of the page.
- Drag a Section field on to your layout page.
Format the new Section to contain Pardot information:
- In the popup, enter Pardot -- Pardot for the name of the Section.
- Select 2 (Double) for the number of columns and check the checkboxes for showing section heading.
- Click Ok.
- Return to the Fields section of the drag-and-drop editor and scroll right to locate the Pardot custom fields.
- Drag all the Pardot Fields into your new section. These include Pardot Score, Pardot Hard Bounced, Pardot Grade, Pardot URL, Pardot Campaign, Pardot Created Date, Pardot First Activity, Pardot Last Activity, Pardot Comments, and Pardot Notes. There are also several fields you can drag in for Google Analytics if you are using the Google Analytics Connector.
Edit your Leads and Contacts Page Layouts to contain a new Section for Pardot activities and list memberships:
- Drag a new Section onto your Layout.
- Enter Pardot Activities as the Name in the popup window.
- Select 1 (Single) for the number of columns and uncheck the checkboxes for showing section heading.
- Click Ok.
- Scroll down to Visualforce Pages and drag Pardot Activities, Pardot List Membership and Pardot Social Data into your new section.
- Optional: You may want to add more height to the Visualforce Pages. To do this, click on the wrench icon at the top right corner of the section to access the section properties.
- While you're making these changes, you can also make updates for the Salesforce1 mobile app by following these instructions.
- You can then Preview your new layout and Save it if you are satisfied with the changes.
- Salesforce users without a Pardot user seat will not be able to view Pardot Activities on Leads or Contacts.
- If a prospect is deleted in Pardot, their data will no longer appear in Salesforce Visualforce pages.
- During this install and the steps above, the fields listed in our "How do Pardot default fields map to Salesforce" article will be set up and synced between Pardot and Salesforce. If you have additional custom fields in Salesforce that need to be created in Pardot, you can follow our instructions on creating Pardot custom fields. During the custom field creation you will map the Pardot custom field to sync to the corresponding Salesforce field.
- Pardot Social Profiles and Lookups are included by default for Pro and Ultimate accounts. If you are interested in adding this feature to your Standard account at an additional cost per month, please contact our advocate team.
Move to a different part in the Salesforce Connector Series:
Part 1: Getting Started
Part 2: Salesforce Configuration
Part 3: Pardot Configuration
Part 4: Advanced Topics