Please note that Pardot components within Salesforce are not currently supported in the Lightning Experience -- they are supported in Salesforce Classic.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Install the AppExchange package in your Salesforce instance before setting up your first CRM connector in Pardot. When your first CRM connector is created in Pardot, all of the existing prospects found in your Pardot account are automatically queued to sync with the corresponding records in Salesforce. If your package is not installed already, Pardot field values such as Pardot Score and Pardot Grade will not sync to Salesforce during this sync.
Installing the Pardot AppExchange Application
We highly recommend installing the Pardot package using the method described here. This article does not cover instructions for installing from the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Click here for the Pardot AppExchange composite application installation link.
- This package will automatically update your Salesforce account with a custom application, custom tab, and custom fields under leads and contacts. Once installed, you may need to customize your view to display these fields.
- Review actions and click Install to complete install.
- On Step 2, Choose security level, we strongly recommend choosing Grant access to admins only. Alternatively, you can choose Grant access to specific profiles.
- Once the package is installed, make sure that the user on the Salesforce connector has the Pardot Connector User permission set and the standard object permissions listed in What permissions does the Salesforce connector user need? See Applying Permission Sets and Object Permissions in Salesforce for help with this step.
Updating Pardot AppExchange Application in SalesforceWhen new versions of the Pardot AppExchange Application are released, your package is automatically updated. See Pardot AppExchange Package Download and Release History for more information.
Next in this series: Setting up the Salesforce Connector
Move to a different part in the Salesforce Connector Series:
Part 1: Getting Started
Part 2: Salesforce Configuration
Part 3: Pardot Configuration
Part 4: Advanced Topics