The Send to Pardot button makes it easy to add Salesforce leads or contacts to Pardot if they do not already exist there. It will create a new record in Pardot, based on email address, and update all corresponding data points. If the record already exists in Pardot, no harm done — it will not create a duplicate but will sync. If you have the setting to “Automatically create prospects in Pardot if they are created in Salesforce” you may not want to have this button installed.
Note: Users must be SSO-enabled to use Send to Pardot.
The Send Pardot Email button allows your Salesforce users assigned the Pardot permission set to send a Pardot tracked email from inside of Salesforce. The users can send a free form tracked email, or use a marketing approved Pardot email template to send to a lead or contact. See more information here.
- Log into Salesforce with appropriate administrative rights.
- Click Setup.
- Navigate to Build > Customize > Leads > Page Layout. This is similar to the process you used to insert your custom fields.
- Click Edit Page Layouts.
- In Lead Layout box at top of page, select Buttons. (Fields will be the default selection.)
- Select the Send to Pardot button and drag it into the Custom Buttons box.
- Select the Send Pardot Email button and drag it into the Custom Buttons box.
- Select Save or Quick Save.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for Contacts to add this button to the Contact layout also.
Next in this series:Adding Send to Pardot List to Salesforce CampaignsMove to a different part in the Salesforce Connector Series:
Part 1: Getting Started
Part 2: Salesforce Configuration
Part 3: Pardot Configuration
Part 4: Advanced Topics