You can split a list into several smaller lists without importing or exporting anything. The Split action allows you to randomly divide a list into two or more new lists. You have the option to choose the distribution percentages or to evenly distribute them.
This video walks through how to split a list. Click here to expand the video.
- Navigate to Marketing > Segmentation > Lists.
- Find the list you wish to split and click the gear icon.
- Click Split.
- Optional: enter a Name for each of your new lists.
- Enter the percentages you would like to split OR mark Split prospects evenly between all new lists.
- Click Split List.
- Prospects are split onto lists randomly. This means that if you split the same list the same way twice using this tool, you will NOT get the same prospects on the resulting lists.
- When splitting a list, the original list will still be maintained and available for use.
- If you split a dynamic list, the resulting lists will be static. This means that a prospect will not automatically be added to the list once the list has been split.
- You will see an "x" and "(unsubscribed)" next to the list name in Pardot and the CRM (if the list is CRM visible) if the prospect has unsubscribed from it via an email preference page:
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in our Success Community