Pardot syncs bidirectionally with ReadyTalk to seamlessly register attendees for events, report on attendance, and display and score activity all from within the Pardot marketing automation system. The ReadyTalk connector can do the following:
- Register prospects for ReadyTalk events from Pardot forms via completion actions
- Display registrations and attendance as activities in the prospect record and score them
- Report on registrations and attendance for ReadyTalk events
- Automatically pull in prospects who exist in ReadyTalk but not yet in Pardot
Setting up the ReadyTalk Connector in Pardot
- Navigate to Admin > Connectors.
- Click + Add Connector.
- Select ReadyTalk from the list of webinar connectors.
- Enter the ReadyTalk Toll Free Number, Access Code, and Passcode.
- Optional: You can disable Create prospects in Pardot if they don't exist.
- When Pardot receives a list of registrants and/or attendees for a webinar, if the checkbox is checked and the prospects do not exist in Pardot, they will be created as a prospect (this is retroactive for all time).
- Note: If you are using Pardot forms with Webinar completion actions then this doesn't apply as the prospect will always be created in Pardot.
- Select a Campaign to assign to any prospects that are created via attendee syncing with ReadyTalk.
- We suggest something generic like "ReadyTalk Sync".
- This is similar to prospects that are auto-created by being pulled down from your CRM (if applicable) or email plug-in.
- Click Create connector to save your settings.
- Your ReadyTalk connector will now appear in the table. The status is marked as Not Verified. To ensure that you have properly set up the connector, click Verify now. If Pardot is able to successfully send and receive data to and from ReadyTalk, the status will change to checkmark denoting a successful integration.
Registering a Prospect via a Pardot Form
To register prospects for a webinar, add a completion action to a form and select an upcoming event. Past webinars will not be displayed in the dropdown. The auto-responder should be set up in ReadyTalk and it will send confirmation and the login credentials.
You do not need to set up a Pardot auto-responder as confirmation emails will be sent by ReadyTalk.
Any form fields you request in the Pardot form will be pushed up to ReadyTalk when we sync.
If a webinar is configured to "accept registrations at the time of meeting," this webinar cannot be selected as a form's completion action.
Registration and actual attendance will both be displayed on the prospect record as activities.
Scores for these activities can be set under administration.
To access reporting for webinars, navigate to Reports > Webinars.
- The reports will display both your upcoming webinars and those that have finished.
- The numbers of prospects who registered, attended, and were absent can all be drilled into by clicking on them.
- You can then see a list of prospects to export, segment into a list, or tag.
Registering a Prospect via a ReadyTalk Form
By default we pull down prospect's first name, last name, and email address when you register folks for a webinar directly in a ReadyTalk form.
You can optionally pull down additional information from ReadyTalk, too. Just click the option in the connector set up, and the following fields will sync down from ReadyTalk (these are also the field mappings to Pardot default fields).
||Pardot default field
| Job Title
|| Job Title
|| Address One
|| Address Two
| Fax Number
| Annual Revenue
|| Annual Revenue
| Number of Employees
|| Number of Employees
- When the connector is first enabled, all previous webinars pulled in will trigger activities on prospect records. These activity dates will reflect when the activity is recorded in Pardot, not the date the webinar was attended. As a result, Daily Prospect Reports will show a large spike in webinar attendance for accounts with many historical webinars.
- Only webinars that allow advance registration can be selected to register prospects via Pardot.
- Filtered prospects will not be registered for a webinar through a Pardot form since "Register for a webinar" is a completion action and Pardot prospects who are filtered do not have completion actions applied to them. To still register your filtered prospects for the webinar, either remove the filter (not necessarily recommended, especially if it is useful for other report filtering) or have the filtered prospects (most likely they are your employees) register through the ReadyTalk registration form itself.
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in our Success Community