As of the Summer '16 release (June 2016), the NetSuite connector is no longer available to new customers. See End of Life Announcement - SugarCRM, NetSuite, Microsoft CRM Connectors for more details.
ConceptConnectors allow Pardot to sync with third party applications such as a CRM system, paid search platforms, or email marketing solution. Data can be passed back and forth between the two applications allowing a user to manage many formerly disparate marketing channels from within Pardot interface.
Before you BeginIf your CRM has security features enabled to restrict logins to a limited set of IP ranges, you will need to have your CRM administrator add these IP ranges to your CRM whitelist:
- 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
- 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206
Enabling NetSuite Connector within Pardot
- Go to Administration > Connectors.
- Click + Add Connector.
- Select NetSuite from the list of vendors.
- Enter a Name for the connector that will only be used internally (i.e. "NetSuite Pardot Connector")
- Enter your NetSuite Username and Password (Please note that the username entered for the connector should have the ability to edit customers and contacts and view and search for employees in NetSuite. Additionally, you will need a separate user dedicated to the Pardot connector. If you use an existing username, this user will be locked out whenever Pardot is attempting to access NetSuite.) Note that if your NetSuite password changes, it must be changed here as well to maintain the connection. NetSuite requires the CRM username to be set as either a Sales Rep or with a Sales user role in order to be populated in the dropdown menu in the user preferences.
- Enter your NetSuite Account ID. Note that most interactions (outside of the NetSuite application) with NetSuite will require that you know your NetSuite account ID. This can be easily located by navigating to Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences.
- Select your CRM Role ID, which should be a numeric value. This can be obtained by going to Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences > Select the Username from the drop down > Select the Role associated with the user, then copy the ID.
- Enter an optional Default Lead Status ID if you would like to choose which lead status we will use when Pardot creates new records in NetSuite. If you do not enter a numerical ID value here, we will use the default (we will look for lead_status ID 18, which is the default "LEAD-Qualified" status, and if that does not exist, we use the first entity_status with the word "lead" in its name). You can obtain the numerical lead status ID in NetSuite by going to Setup > Sales > Custom Statuses, clicking on the lead status that you wish to be the default, and obtaining the ID value from the page url that results (for example: https://system.netsuite.com/app/crm/sales/customerstatus.nl?id=15 would have a ID of 15).
- Check the boxes to enable any additional options:
- Use Team Selling
- Allow editing of Prospect lists within the CRM -- checking this box allows CRM users to add/remove prospects from Pardot lists from within the CRM. If you have the most recent version of the Netsuite/Pardot bundle installed, the Pardot Lists iframe will automatically get added to your Netsuite user interface. Only the static lists you have defined as CRM Visible will appear in this iframe.
- Click Create Connector to save the new connection.
Installing Pardot Bundle within NetSuiteTo add the Pardot fields and the activities iframe to the NetSuite user interface, you will want to follow the steps below:
- In NetSuite, go to Setup > Customization > Install Bundle.
- Search for Pardot Marketing Automation.
- Select the "Pardot Marketing Automation for NetSuite" bundle.
- Click Install.
- In "Preview Bundle Install" screen, select "Show on existing forms" for Pardot custom fields in the Preference column.
- [If switching from old integration] In "Preview Bundle Install" screen, select "Replace Existing Object" for existing Pardot custom fields in the Actions column.
- Click Install.
- On the next screen, you can monitor the progress of your install until 100%.
You can then view a contact or company record which has been syncing with Pardot to view the updated Pardot tab.
- Due to the nature of the record syncing between Pardot and NetSuite, you will need to go to Setup > Company > General Preferences and make sure Employees as Contacts is unchecked. This will prevent Pardot from syncing with employee records as if they were contacts (and overwrite information in the Pardot User profile).
- Pardot does not integrate with NetSuite sandbox accounts.
- While Pardot does integrate with NetSuite OneWorld, NetSuite does not allow the standard Pardot role to set the subsidiary field. The Pardot connector user will therefore have to be assigned an admin role in NetSuite to ensure syncing functionality.
TroubleshootingCompany is displaying "To Be Generated" If the company field in NetSuite is unavailable to Pardot due to system settings, it's value could appear as "To Be Generated" on newly synced leads. To prevent this from occurring please use the following steps:
- Go To Setup >> Customization >> Entry Forms
- Sort by subtype and then look for the subtype of 'customer/lead/prospect'
- Find the one that is 'preferred' or has a check on the right hand side.
- Click on the fields tab and make sure that 'show' is checked for company.
Release HistoryNote: The release history of the Pardot NetSuite Connector below was compiled retroactively and may not be complete.
- January 2013 - Leads as Individuals model support added.
- January 2012 - Initial release of the bundle (Pardot fields had to be added manually before this).
- March 2011 - Pardot Lists view now available in NetSuite.
- April 2010 - Default Lead Status for new records can be set in the Connector settings.
- February 2009 - Team Selling support added.
- January 2009 - OneWorld support added (the Subsidiary field must be mapped to a field in Pardot, and there must be a value for Subsidiary in NetSuite before a new record is created).