The Visitors Report displays a list of all captured sessions of anonymous visitors and identified prospects to the website. You can filter the sessions by View (see below), Campaign, and First Page View or Last Page View date range. To get to the visitors report, navigate to Prospects > Visitors. Pardot retains an unlimited amount of web history for prospects, and up to one year of data for anonymous visitors.
GraphsThere are three visitor graphs available:
- Page Views Graph: Displays the number of page views over the last 24 hours and the percentage change since yesterday
- New Visitors Graph: displays the number of new visitors over the last 24 hours and the percentage change since yesterday.
- Top Companies: Displays the top 20 companies based on page views over the last 24 hours.
- Today: Shows the percent change since yesterday. This is the default.
- Yesterday: Shows the yesterday's percent change from the day before.
- Last 7 Days: Shows the last 7 day (including the current day) percent change over the previous 7 days.
- Last Week: Shows the most recently completed Sunday through Saturday period.
- Identified Visitors: Displays all visitors that had their organizations identified by Pardot and are not ISPs.
- Active Visitors: Displays all visitors who visited two or more pages, regardless of whether or not their organizations could be identified.
- All Visitors: Displays all visitor sessions. To view a visitor's IP address: From the visitors table, click on the visitor's visits link. On the visits page, scroll to see the Visitor Session table. In the table, next to hostname/referrer, you will see the visitor's hostname, referring URL and IP address
Querying Date Ranges
The first page view and last page view option in the Visitors table allows you to choose whether to see visitors and prospects whose first visit to your site was in the specified time range, or their last visit was in the specified time range. If a last page view date range is selected such that the end date is today/now (for example: today, this month, this quarter, this year, last 7 days or a custom date range with the end date as today) you will see any visitor that has visited your site in the specified period. If a first page view date range is selected, only visitors to your site during that time range will display in the table.
Notes on Companies
- Only one visitor per identified company will be displayed in the Identified Companies table on the dashboard.
- In order to be classified as an Identified Company on the dashboard and in the Visitors module (under Prospects), the visitor cannot be an ISP and we must be able to obtain the following through a WHOIS IP look up: 1. company name AND 2. state OR country.
Exporting the Visitors Report
- Select the View, Campaign, and Created date range you would like for the export.
- Click the .csv icon above the top right corner of the table.
- Your export will load immediately for very small data sets and run in the background for larger ones. You will receive an email notifying you upon completion and providing you with a link to the file.
Using the Create/Associate Action
Many prospects are associated to their visitor activity organically by completing a form or clicking a tracker link in an email, for example. (See all six ways in How are visitors converted to prospects?) Once a prospect's activity has been identified, their First and Last name will display in the first column of the Visitors module.
There are some cases where a prospect has not yet taken any action to associate their visitor activity to their email address, but you are pretty sure it is this person visiting your site. By clicking the Create/Associate link, you can manually convert a visitor to a new prospect or associate them with an existing prospect. Once the visitor has been linked to a prospect, their associated prospect information (like First Name, Last Name) will pre-fill on any Pardot form fields.For more on how to use this link, see our Knowledge Base article How do I assign a visitor?. Note: If visitor's source is set to Unknown, it means that the Pardot does not have a referrer to associate the visitor with.