Before You BeginThese instructions are for a Salesforce Administrator.
- If you are logged into Salesforce when you click the package link, it will attempt to install in the Org you are currently logged into; otherwise you will be prompted to sign in. Make sure you are not logged into an Org that you do not want to install the package in.
- You must install the package by clicking the link in the instructions below.
- You do not need to uninstall your existing Pardot AppExchange Package to upgrade.
Installing the Package
- Click here for the Pardot AppExchange composite application installation link.
- This package will automatically update your Salesforce account with a custom application, custom tab, and custom fields under leads and contacts. Once installed, you may need to customize your view to display these fields.
- Review actions and click Install to complete install.
- On Step 2, Choose security level, we strongly recommend choosing Grant access to admins only. Alternatively, you can choose Grant access to specific profiles.
- Once the package is installed, make sure that the user on the Salesforce connector has the Pardot Connector User permission set and the standard object permissions listed in What permissions does the Salesforce connector user need? See Applying Permission Sets and Object Permissions in Salesforce for help with this step.
IMPORTANT: If you don't already have an existing Salesforce Connector in your Pardot account, you'll need to create one before you can move on to the next step. Follow the instructions here.