Before You Begin
- If you use IP Location Activation in Pardot, you'll need to whitelist Salesforce IP ranges in Pardot. See Whitelisting IP Ranges for instructions.
- We strongly recommend following the installation and setup steps in the order outlined in this series.
- For Pardot accounts that have never had a CRM connector: Install the AppExchange package in your Salesforce instance before setting up your first CRM connector in Pardot. When your first CRM connector is created in Pardot, all of the existing prospects found in your Pardot account are automatically queued to sync with the corresponding records in Salesforce. If your package is not installed already, Pardot field values such as Pardot Score and Pardot Grade will not sync to Salesforce during this sync.
- Salesforce® Engage is currently not supported for Salesforce sandbox accounts.
- You don't have to uninstall your current Pardot AppExchange Package to upgrade to the Salesforce® Engage AppExchange Package.
- Your organization must have Sales Cloud Professional Edition or higher, and any Pardot edition (Standard, Pro, or Ultimate).
- Do not add any legacy Custom Permissions for Pardot to your Salesforce profiles. Doing so could have unintended consequences.
StepsUse the links at the bottom of each article to move to the next step, or use these links to pick back up where you left off. Again, we strongly recommend performing the steps in this order.
Part 1: Installing Salesforce® Engage AppExchange Package (Salesforce Administrator only)
Part 2: Linking Salesforce® Engage Users to Pardot Users (Salesforce and Pardot Administrators)
Part 3: Assigning and Unassigning Salesforce® Engage Licenses (Salesforce Administrator only)
Part 4: Setting up Engage for the Salesforce App (Salesforce Administrator only)
Part 5: Adding Add to Nurture Action to Page Layouts (Salesforce Administrator only)
Part 6: Adding Send Engage Email Buttons (Salesforce Administrator only)
Part 7: Enabling the Engage Sales Tools Page (Salesforce Administrator only)
Part 8: Changing Engage Campaign Send Limit (Pardot Administrator only)