Folder Permissions let you protect your content in folders and assign access to user groups. This feature is available to accounts that have purchased Custom User Roles.
To set up Folder Permissions:
- Navigate to Marketing > Folders.
- Locate the folder you'd like to protect for and click the gear icon.
- Select Permissions.
- If you have not enabled permissions on this folder before, they will be enabled automatically. If you have previously enabled and then disabled permissions, click Enable Permissions.
- From the Groups with Access dropdown, search for and select groups you'd like to grant access to. Group users will appear under Users with Access column.
- When finished, click Save. Once permissions are enabled, a padlock icon will appear next to the folder name.
- Admins have access to all folders, even locked folders.
- Subfolders inherit permissions from parent folders. For example, Folder 1 contains Folders A and B. Granting access to Folder 1 will also grant access to Folders A and B. You can override this by explicitly setting permissions on subfolders.
- Folder Permissions will not allow you to apply permissions to prospects, because prospects cannot be placed in folders.
- If you are using the Salesforce Connector, Folder Permissions on lists will carry over to Salesforce if your lists are marked as CRM Visible. For example: Mike, a sales user, has access to Folder A which contains Lists 1 and 2. When Mike wants to add a prospect to a list from Salesforce, he will only see Lists 1 and 2 in Salesforce.