You need to work with your IT team or hosting provider to complete these steps.
- In Pardot, navigate to Admin > Domain Management, scroll to Tracker Domains, then click + Add tracker domain.
- Follow the prompts.
- Work with your IT team or hosting provider to set up a CNAME record for your subdomain. Set it to point to go.pardot.com.
- Work with your IT team or hosting provider to add validation keys to your parent domain. You have two options for doing this:
- Copy the domain's validation key from the Tracker Domain table in Pardot. Then, work with your hosting provider to set up a TXT record with an empty host, or the at (@) symbol if empty host isn't allowed. Paste the domain's validation key into the TXT record.
- From the Tracker Domain table in Pardot, click Tools, then click Download Validation File, then add this file to the root of the parent domain. For example: if your tracker domain is www2.example.com and the validation file's name is pardot_1234.txt, place the file at http://example.com/pardot_1234.txt or http://www.example.com/pardot_1234.txt.
- Wait for your DNS to propagate (may take up to 24 hours).
- From the Tracker Domain table in Pardot, click the gear icon for your domain, then click Validate.
Once you have a valid domain, you can set it to primary by going through the gear icon and clicking Set as primary. Pardot sets the first validated domain as primary.Notes:
- Only one primary tracker domain can be designated per account, and it must be unique across all Pardot accounts.
- Primary tracker domains cannot be shared between Pardot accounts. If you have multiple instances of Pardot, you need to designate a different primary tracker domain for each account.
- If Pardot assets fail to load, follow the instructions in this article.