Pardot allows you to control the level of access for each individual user by choosing one of the following Roles. Following the Role description you will see the access level for each module within Pardot.
Administrators are "power users" and can control broad account settings as well as campaign and prospect management functionality.
- If you have an Agency account, only Administrators can access your other accounts via the dropdown in the top left corner.
Marketing users have control over marketing modules and prospect management, including creating new lists, forms, landing pages, and send list emails.
- Marketing users can only import Prospects.
- Marketing users have access to see the Users and Groups, but do not have the ability to edit other users. A Marketing user can edit his/her own user information, with the exception of Role.
Sales Managers have access to all prospects and visitors but no marketing functionality. Sales Managers may send individual emails to prospects, but cannot send list emails.
- Sales Managers can access the Recycle Bin but can only see Prospects, Prospect Accounts and Users.
- Sales Manager users have access to see the Users and Groups, but do not have the ability to edit other users. A Sales Manager user can edit his/her own user information, with the exception of Role.
Sales users have the simplest interface view and only have access to prospect management functionality. Sales users may send individual emails to prospects, but cannot send list emails.
- Sales users will only be able to view and edit prospects assigned to them.
- All users can edit and export prospects, however, Sales users can only view/edit/export those prospects assigned to them.
|Prospects Analytics Graphic|
|Identified Companies Table|
|Engagement Studio||View Only|
|All Reports||Limited †|
|Users and Groups|
User Role Security LimitsSecurity Limits allow you to limit the following, on a per-user basis:
- Max number of list emails the person can send
- Max number of prospects the person can export
- Max number of records someone can import
To manage the security limits for your users, navigate to your User Table.
- Navigate to Admin > User Management > Users.
- Select a user from the User Table.
- Click the Edit User link at the top of the User Record.
- Scroll down to manage security limits for your User.
- Input the desired field values to set the security limits. Please note: a value of zero gives unlimited access. If you'd like to block access, consider inputting a value of 1.
- Repeat for each user you'd like to limit.
Custom User Roles are included with Ultimate Edition accounts or are available as an add-on for Pro Edition accounts. With custom user roles you can either create a new user role which is fully customizable, or you can start with a default role and customize the role to fit your needs. See 'Custom User Roles' for more information about setting up custom user roles.