An example of this is our Think Outside the Inbox tab on Facebook. To do this, you will need to be able to create a form or landing page in Pardot and access your Facebook Page as an admin. Facebook will require that your account is verified to create a new app (through your mobile number or a credit card number). Using your mobile number will have Facebook send you a text with a code to input.
Note: Forms and landing pages can only be integrated with a Facebook business page and cannot be added to personal profiles.
Setting up the Pardot Form or Landing PageIn Pardot, create the form or landing page you want to use on your Facebook Page. You may want to a create specific campaign for capturing leads on Facebook. After creating your form or landing page, keep the page open so that you can access the URL later. Setting up the Facebook Tab
- Go to developers.facebook.com.
- In the top menu bar, click My Apps.
- If you are not already registered as a developer, click Register as a Developer. Once you accept their terms and conditions, click Register.
- Navigate to My Apps > Add a New App > Advanced Setup.
- In the Display Name box, type the name of your app that will be displayed to users. Namespace is optional. Choose a category for this app. Click Create App ID.
- Now that your app is created, you'll be redirected to to your new app's dashboard. Click Settings on the left sidebar.
- Click + Add Platform.
- Click Page Tab.
- In the Page Tab Name box, type the name of your Facebook Tab (what visitors will see).
- In the Secure Page Tab URL box, paste the https:// version of your form or landing page. Refer to this article to find the https:// version of your page.
- You can leave the Page Tab Edit URL box empty.
- You can optionally add a Page Tab Image. Note this image must be 111 x 74 pixels.
- Click Save Changes. At this point, Facebook will let you know that it may take a few minutes for your app's data to be sent everywhere.
- Open a text editor (Microsoft Word, TextEdit, etc.) and paste the following URL:
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/pagetab?app_id=YOUR_APP_ID&next=YOUR_URL. The parameter
YOUR_APP_IDwill be the App ID and
YOUR_URLwill be the URL of your form or landing page.
- Go back to the Facebook Developers window and make sure you're back in the Settings tab of your app. Copy the App ID. Return to the text editor and paste the App ID in the
YOUR_APP_IDparameter of the URL. Also, copy the URL of your form or landing page and place this in the
- Select the entire URL from the text editor and paste it into the address bar of your browser and press enter.
- The browser will load the Add Page Tab prompt; select the Facebook Page you'd like to add your new tab to. Then click Add Page Tab.
- To see the tab on Facebook, go to your Facebook Company Page and scroll down to view your new tab on your company page's information timeline.