This article covers setting up the Facebook connector for Social Posting with Pardot.
Before You Begin
Before you set up you connector, there are a few things you should be aware of:
- Due to Facebook security requirements, the Facebook connector will need to be reverified periodically to re-grant API access permissions. You'll receive a notification in Pardot when it's time to reverify.
- Your Facebook user must be an admin of the company pages that you want to post as.
- You can add connectors for up to 25 company pages, as long as your Facebook user is an admin of each one.
How to Add a Facebook Connector
- Log in to Facebook (you must authenticate as a user before you can add a company page).
- In Pardot, navigate to Admin > Connectors, and click + Add Connector.
- Scroll to Social Posting Connectors, and click Facebook.
- Read the message in the Create Facebook Connector box, and click Create connector.
- After the connector saves, click verify now. You will be taken to permissions screens in Facebook.
- Click Okay on each Facebook permission screen. Warning: If you skip or deny any of these permissions, the connector will not work properly. After permissions have been granted, the Facebook connector will be verified. Note: at this point, the connector will be set to post as your Facebook user. If you want to post as your Facebook user stop here. If you want to post as a company page, go to the next step.
- Click the gear icon () and choose Edit.
- From the Post As drop down, select the company page you want to post as.
- Click Save Connector.
This quick silent video walks through adding a Facebook connector and changing it to post as a company page.