Filters allow you to define your own criteria to get a targeted list of prospects for real time. These criteria are prospect attributes that you might be interested in like what kinds of marketing materials they have interacted with, or what territory they may be located in.
Salesforce® Engage and Engage Alerts filters combine 3 basic types of criteria together to filter your prospects: Leads & Contacts, Activity, and Geographic.
This article will walk you through each type's details.
Leads & Contacts Criteria
Salesforce® Engage users can choose from the following options in Leads & Contacts Criteria:
Admin users have access to a third option:
Note: If you are using Pardot Custom Roles, users with the permission to View prospects not assigned to self will also be able to create filters with All Leads and Contacts.
- Only my assigned leads and contacts
- Identified company website visitors that have not been matched with a lead or contact
Activity Criteria filter prospects based on their activities. The following criteria are available:
Selecting multiple criteria here will pull prospects who match any of the criteria. For example, if you select Forms and File Downloads, the filter will return visitors that have filled out a form, downloaded a file, or done both. If no activity criteria are selected then all activity will be included.
See this article for more information on prospect activities.
- Page Views
- File Downloads
- Paid Search Clicks
- Webinars & Events
- Site Search
- Email Clicks
- One-to-one email opens
- All Email Opens
Geographic Criteria filter prospects based on where they might be located:
You can filter by groups of countries, individual countries, or individual US states, territories, and Canadian provinces.
Selecting multiple criteria will pull prospects who match any of the criteria. For example, if you add European Union, United States, and Alabama, the filter will return prospects who might be located anywhere in the European Union, United States, or Alabama.
Note that if no geographic criteria are selected, then all locations will be included.
- If Prospect Criteria is set to Identified company website visitors that have not been matched with a lead or contact, this information is pulled from the WHOIS data that we store with every visitor.
- If Prospect Criteria is set to All leads and contacts or Only my assigned leads and contacts, this information is pulled from Country and State fields.
Let's say that you create this filter:
This filter will return your assigned leads and contacts located in Alabama or Georgia or Tennesse, who have either downloaded a file, completed a form, or opened an email.
- Leads & Contacts Criteria = Only my assigned leads and contacts
- Activity Criteria = File Downloads; Forms; All Email Opens
- Geographic Criteria= Alabama; Georgia; Tennessee
Need more? Start a conversation with other Pardot users in our Success Community