User Groups are used for round-robin lead assignment. For example, you may create a group called "Southeastern Sales Reps" and when you assign to that group, Pardot will automatically give the lead to one of the group members, ensuring fair and equal distribution of leads.
Creating a User Group
- Navigate to Administration > User Management > Groups and click + Add User Group.
- Enter a Name for your group and click Create Group.
The number of current users in each group is displayed in the User Groups table.
Adding Users to Groups
There are two ways to add users to groups: individually, and in bulk using table actions.
Adding Individual Users
- Navigate to the user's record, then click Edit groups.
- Mark the group(s) to add the user to.
- Click Save groups.
Bulk Adding Users
- Navigate to Admin > User Management > Users.
- In the Users table, mark the users you want to add to a group.
- At the bottom of the Users table, select Add users to group from the drop down.
- Select a group from the second drop down.
- Then click Go.
Assignment OrderPardot automatically assigns prospects within a group based on the following criteria:
- If users have assigned prospects, then a new assignment will be based on who had the most recent lead assignment
- If users have no assigned prospects, then a new assignment will be based on which user was created in Pardot first