This feature is deprecated and is only available for accounts created before 5/1/2015. If your account was created before 5/1/2015, you can download this feature by logging into Pardot, hovering over your email address, and then clicking Downloads. Click here for a video walkthrough.
- Open Firefox and download the extension (Note: this version of the plugin is for use with Firefox 22 and above, to accommodate Gmail's "new compose" interface released in March 2013. If you're using an earlier version of Firefox with Gmail's "new compose" interface, please upgrade Firefox to use our plugin.)
- You will be prompted to save the file.
- Once saved, drag the file and drop it into Firefox, then install and restart Firefox .
- After restarting, go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions within Firefox, then click Preferences next to the Send with Pardot icon and title.
- Enter your Pardot username and password. Click Save on Windows, or just close the dialog on Mac/Linux.
- Now when you compose a new message or reply to a message in Gmail/Google Mail, you will see a "Track with Pardot" checkbox hovering over the wysiwyg controls in Gmail. Check this checkbox to convert http:// and https:// URLs to be tracked.
- After tracking the email you can send it as normal via your Gmail Send button.
Using the ExtensionWhen an email is sent via the plug-in's Track with Pardot button, the following actions occur:
- Any link beginning with http:// (or https://) is rewritten as an individually tracked link. Links are tracked to the first recipient in the To: field of the email.
- If a prospect with that email address already exists in Pardot, the email activity is added to the prospect's record. If the sender of the email is different from the prospect's assigned owner, the prospect remains assigned to their original owner.
- If the prospect already exists in Pardot and is unassigned, the prospect will be assigned to the sender of the plug-in email and their email activity recorded.
- If a prospect does not exist in Pardot with that email address, a new prospect record is created in Pardot and assigned to the user who sent the email. The new record will likely only have an email address and other fields may need to be filled in at a later point.
- A new lead record, assigned to the user who sent the email, is created in the connected CRM system if applicable. If a contact or lead already exists (using the identical email address), the email will simply be added to the existing record as an activity.
Extension CampaignProspects created via the Extension will automatically be associated with a campaign titled "Email Plug-in" by default. To change the campaign associated with your email extension, administrator users can take the following steps:
- Click on your email address in the top right of the Pardot interface.
- Click Edit account.
- Scroll down to Email Plug-in Campaign and select the desired campaign from the dropdown menu. All emails sent using the Outlook, Thunderbird, Gmail, and Apple Mail plug-ins will be tagged with this campaign.
- Because of the way Pardot uniquely tracks links, you will not be able to send tracked emails to multiple recipients at once. If multiple people receive the email or the email is forwarded and others click the links, there is a risk that they could be tracked as though they were the first recipient.
- The plug-in does not allow for recipients to be CC’d on tracked emails.
- The add-in will track each link that begins with http://. If you have links that you do not wish to track, you would need to begin them without the http://.
- HTML opens are only tracked if the recipient clicks on a link in the message (we cannot tell if they downloaded images).
- July 12, 2013 - Version 1.9: Updates for Gmail's "new compose" interface, compatible with Firefox 22 and above. If you're using an earlier version of Firefox with Gmail's "new compose" interface, upgrade Firefox to 22 or later to use our plugin.
- May 11, 2012 - Version 1.8.2: Updates for Firefox 13 & 14. If you're still on Firefox 14 or lower, and you're not using Gmail's "new compose" interface, download version 1.8.2 of the extension
- February 29, 2012 - Version 1.8.1: Now accommodating email addresses with trailing commas, compatibility with Firefox 12.
- January 23, 2012 - Version 1.8: Accommodating recipients in "Last, First" format, Boomerang plugin, compatibility with Firefox 10 and 11.
- November 23, 2011 - Version 1.7.3: Updates for Firefox 9 compatibility, fixes a styling bug that caused "Track with Pardot" button to be displayed incorrectly.
- November 8, 2011 - Version 1.7.2: Update for Firefox 8 compatibility.
- November 3, 2011 - Version 1.7.1: Fixes a bug with leading or trailing spaces in the To: address field.
- November 2, 2011 - Version 1.7: Support for the new Google Mail interface look and feel.
- October 6, 2011 - Version 1.6
- September 19, 2011 - Version 1.5